Best al pastor marinade sauce recipe
Help yourselves with vibrant rice bowls, all while keeping the toppings fun and fresh and the unique flavor of Teta Foods Al Pastor Simmer Sauce.
30 mins 8
Cook Time PrepLevel
20 mins Easy
But What is Al Pastor & Where Does it Come From?
Traditionally, al pastor is prepared by marinating pork and onion for a full day, layering the mixture and roasting it on a spit with pineapple. The fat continuously drips down the meat, keeping it moist while the outer bits get lovely and crispy.
Al pastor has its roots in the 1930s migration of Lebanese immigrants to Mexico. It’s amazing and tastes similar to shawarma!
Special insider secrets:
Eat al pastor as burrito bowls with coconut jicama rice but you could easily serve these as tacos topped with cilantro and onions. The only best constant is Teta Foods Al Pastor Simmer Sauce.
- 3 lb pork shoulder or butt roast
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Teta Foods Al Pastor Simmer Sauce – as marinade
- Pineapple – optional
- Slice pork widthwise into 1/2 inch pieces
- Add pork, sliced onion, and Teta Foods Al Pastor Simmer Sauce to a casserole dish or large ziplock bag. Make sure all of the pork is completely covered in the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours. If using a casserole dish, make sure it is covered with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Lightly oil your grates and preheat your grill to med-high heat.
- Add your meat to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until lightly charred and just cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Add pineapples to grill and cook 3-5 minutes per side until they have grill marks but are not burned.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté the onions until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Slice the pork, onions (optional), and pineapple into roughly 1/2 inch pieces. If eating as a bowl, serve over your favorite rice or vegetable rice.
Nutrition Rating - 4.0 stars
Please check our page for more delicious recipes that are good for you!
Nourish your body with natural goodness
Transform your homemade meals with our best products by Teta Foods – Made with authentic spices and natural, non-GMO, and Gluten-free ingredients, and have a long shelf life.