Easy Recipe for Chicken Shawarma Marinade
Learn how to make a flavorful, spice-filled, and nutritious homemade meal that tastes great wrapped up in a warm pita. We promise that this recipe, which combines delicious and tender chicken, crowd-favorite Teta Foods products, and a choice of fresh toppings, will become a guaranteed family favorite.
Cook Time Prep Level
But What is Chicken Shawarma & Where Does it Come From?
Authentically, Shawarma (also spelled shawurma or shawerma) is an Arabic rendering of Turkish ‘turning’, referring to the turning rotisserie. The shawarma technique is grilling a vertical stack of thin meat slices (lamb, chicken, beef, or mixed meats), in a cone-like shape on a vertical rotisserie and cutting it off as it cooks.
There are, however, other versions of this recipe that do not call for a pinning spit; still, some classic flavors and spices always make an impression. Shawarma is frequently served in flatbreads like pitas or as a sandwich or wrap.
Special insider secrets: In the Middle East, shawarma is frequently served by street vendors with french fries either stacked inside the pita-wrapped meat or served on the side. Though there are many regional and local variations, its origins are in the flavor explosion of Mediterranean street cuisine. Our special, easy-to-use, and ready-made Teta Foods products make this recipe loved by all, kids and adults.
- Mix the Teta Foods Shawarma Marinade with chicken and let it sit for at least half an hour. For best results, let the marinated chicken rest for 4-5 hours maximum.
- Set the burners of the grill to medium-high heat. Pro tip- Grease the grate.
- Cook the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Make sure that the chicken (the star of this dish) is beautifully caramelized and marked. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken on a work surface.
- Take the pita bread and spread it as much as possible by gently separating the two sides. Place two pita halves for each sandwich on the plate, overlapping them slightly.
- Spread the Teta Foods Garlic Dip & Spread inside the pitas.
- Add tomato slices, warm chicken, and slices of garlic pickles.
- Without securing the ends, tightly & firmly roll up the pitas. Toast on High using a Panini Press.
Watch how easy it is to elevate your dish by following the shawarma marinade recipe using the best-selling Teta Foods products.