Healthy and authentic Shish Tawook Recipe
Let’s learn how to make an authentic chicken shish tawook pita wrap using the best products including the “teta foods shish tawook marinade” & “teta foods garlic dip and spread”
Preparation Servings Makes
15 mins 1 6 Wraps
Cook Time PrepLevel
15 mins Easy
But What is Shish Tawook & Where Does it Come From?
Shish tawook, also known as “chicken tawook” and “shish taouk”, is a traditional Turkish meal made by skewering marinated chicken and grilling it. Naturally, “shish” translates to “skewer,” whereas “tawook” means “chicken” in Turkish. The name collectively denotes “chicken threaded on a skewer.”
Many shish tawook marinade recipes and its variations are found in countries in and around the Middle East, including Turkey, Lebanon, and Egypt.
Special insider secrets: One of our favorite things to make and eat is Shish Tawook Pita Wraps.
With the addition of fast-selling Teta Foods Shish Tawook Marinade & Teta Foods Garlic Dip and Spread products, enjoy this crunchy traditional middle eastern street food recipe with family and friends – best enjoyed as an evening snack!
The addition of vegetable & garnish options here are limitless but we love the subtle and solid taste of the exclusive Teta Foods Garlic Dip & Spread. (Don’t trust us? Try it yourself!)
Shish Tawook Marinade
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast – 1 lb (675 g)
- Teta Foods Shish Tawook Marinade – ⅓ cup (per pound)
Pita Wrap Prep
- Fresh Pita Bread – 1 Loaf
- Teta Foods Garlic Dip and Spread – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1, cut into half-moons
- Garlic Pickles – 2 Slices
- Mix the Teta Foods Shish Tawook Marinade with boneless chicken breast and let it sit for at least half an hour.
- Set the burners of the grill to medium-high heat. Pro tip- Grease the grate.
- Cook the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Make sure that the chicken (the star of this dish) is beautifully caramelized and marked. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken on a work surface.
- Take the pita bread and spread it as much as possible by gently separating the two sides. Place two pita halves for each sandwich on the plate, overlapping them slightly.
- Spread the Teta Foods Garlic Dip & Spread inside the pitas.
- Add tomato slices, warm chicken, and slices of garlic pickles.
- Without securing the ends, tightly & firmly roll up the pitas. Toast on High using a Panini Press.
Watch how easy it is to follow an authentic shish tawook recipe using the best-selling Teta Foods products.
Nutrition Rating - 4.2 stars
For more lip-smacking, easy-to-cook recipes, check out our page!
Nourish your body with natural goodness
Transform your homemade meals with our best products by Teta Foods – Made with authentic spices and natural, non-GMO, and Gluten-free ingredients, and have a long shelf life.