Easy Recipe for Chicken Shawarma Marinade
Explore how to put together and relish this delicious Meat Shawarma Wrap, enriched with Teta Foods Shawarma Marinade and flavored with fresh vegetables and pickles. It’s high in protein, easy to prepare, and the perfect complement to a filling, healthy, and delectable snack.
25 mins 2
Cook Time PrepLevel
20 mins Easy
But What is Meat Shawarma & Where Does it Come From?
Shawarma, a popular street food in the Middle East, originated in Turkey and consists of sliced, spit-roasted layers of lamb, beef, or other meat that is frequently wrapped in or served with pita. Shawarma is made using meat that is moist and tender because it is cooked on a rotating vertical spit in a rotisserie oven, effectively basting itself in its own juices.
Shawarma, also known as shawurma or shawerma and meaning “turning” in Arabic, is a Levantine meat preparation that dates back to the Ottoman Empire (roughly modern-day Turkey) in the 18th or 19th century. It is made by stacking thin slices of lamb, chicken, beef, or mixed meats in the shape of a cone on a vertical rotisserie.
Special insider secrets:
Shawarma is a staple street food in the Middle East, but this recipe for chicken shawarma marinade is enhanced by our hottest-selling product, Teta Foods Shawarma Marinade.
- New York Stip or Ribeye Steak – 1 lb
- Teta Foods Shawarma Marinade – ⅓ Cup
- Fresh Pita Bread – 1 Loaf
- Tomato – 4 slices
- Onions – 1 Cup
- Pickles – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Parsley – ½ cup
- Sumac – 1 tbsp
- Teta Foods Tahini Dressing & Dip – 2 Tbsp
- Mix the Teta Foods Shawarma Marinade with the meat and let it sit for at least half an hour to 1 hour. For best results, let the marinated chicken rest for 4-5 hours maximum.
- Set the burners of the grill to medium-high heat. Pro tip- Grease the grate.
- Cook the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Make sure that the chicken (the star of this dish) is beautifully caramelized and marked. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice the chicken on a work surface.
- On another plate, take the pita bread and spread it as much as possible by gently separating the two sides. Place two pita halves for each sandwich on the plate, overlapping them slightly.
- Add warm cooked chicken, slices of tomato, onion and pickle. Sprinkle parsley and sumac as per preference.
- Generously pour the Teta Foods Tahini Dressing & Dip over the meat and veggies.
- Without securing the ends, tightly & firmly roll up the pitas. Toast on High using a Panini Press.
Watch how effortless it is to enhance your favorite pita wrap by following the shawarma marinade recipe using the best-selling Teta Foods products.
Nutrition Rating - 4.2 stars
Please check our page for more delicious recipes that are good for you!
Nourish your body with natural goodness
Transform your homemade meals with our best products by Teta Foods – Made with authentic spices and natural, non-GMO, and Gluten-free ingredients, and have a long shelf life.